March 31, 2013

Crumbly Scones

I've been on a *Cream tea* kick lately, made scones again! The family loved eating these scones, but I'm still not totally happy with this recipe which I adapted (a lot) a basic and standard one from the UK. It turned out a bit more crumbly, dry and sweet than I wanted it to be. There are a whole bunch of scone/hot biscuit recipes out there. Though they are all basically nearly the same, it seems like there is some difference in texture and flavor depending on each recipe. I can't wait to try another improved recipe next weekend.


Just for your reference
(Yields about 12 - 15 scones)
370g flour
30g rice bran
100g salted butter
40g brown sugar
180g plain yogurt
2 teaspoon shiokoji
1 teaspoon baking soda
-- 180℃ for 15-20 minutes --





















Have a happy Cream Tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment